Our Housing Solicitors provide clients with a professional and cost effective service. There is a raft of UK legislation governing the rights and obligations of landlords and tenants, and this is where our breadth of knowledge in landlord and tenant law enables us to provide expert advice.
We conduct these cases under what is known as Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA), otherwise also known as NO WIN NO FEE. This means that you do not have to cover your legal costs as we will seek to recover the costs on your behalf from your landlord. However, you will be liable to cover the disbursements, e.g. Court fees and expert fees.
It is usually reasonable costs that are recovered in matters such as this and not the full legal costs. In such situations, the firm will seek to recover the short-fall from the amount of damages awarded to you.
Once you sign a CFA, you have 14 days from the date of signing to cancel/terminate the agreement – this is known as cooling-off period. Mr Chris Okolo will fully explain the content of the CFA to you before signing.
If you would like to arrange an initial consultation, please call 0208 801 6130 or send us an enquiry via our contact page.
Our housing solicitors work includes:
• Housing Disrepair and Civil Proceedings
• Homelessness – challenging local authority decisions on review and appeal
• Judicial Review of Local Authority decisions on homelessness and re-housing
• Possession proceedings – anti-social behaviour, mortgage arrears, stay of eviction warrant
• Unlawful/illegal Eviction/Revenge evictions/Harassment
• Drafting tenancy agreements
• Breach of tenancy agreement
• Recovery of rent arrears
• Challenges to the suitability of emporary accommodation
• Dispute resolution- disrepair, boundary disputes and land ownership
• Anti-social behaviour injunctions
• Landlord responsibilities
• Tenancy deposit disputes
• Tenancy deposit protection
• Section 21 notices